Sunday 7 June 2009

Retro Meltdown


Decided to actually rise before noon today and do something productive. Inspired idea. Headed to the North London Vintage Fashion Fair in Primrose Hill with a friend in tow. As we walked up to the fair, I suddenly felt like Haley Joel Osmont from the Sixth Sense. Am I Bruce Willis? Do I see dead people??? No it was just 2 women who had taken the retro/vintage much to far. What a relief.

Things didn't get much better when we went inside and followed the scent of mothballs and the musk of aged fabrics. I want to make note that I LOVE vintage clothing but the clothing on display here belonged in a nursing home, not on anyone below the age of 88. Hmm. I thought perhaps I could make a Victorian collar floor length green gown work but then I saw my reflection and actually recoiled.

Went to a few charity shops on the way home and managed to get an adorable floral skirt for £8 at Traid Camden. Unfortunately my hair still smells like mothballs. Eugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment