Tuesday 15 June 2010

CALLA me pretty


I've always had a special love reserved for Paris. The first time I went there I had no money, stayed at a flea ridden hosel and could only afford street crepes and baguettes and cheese. Oh it was joyous (bed made me itchy though - eugh hostels). And no one does effortless style like French women. Londoners have amazing style but there is something so effortless about French style. 


CALLA is a line designed by Paris-based textile designer and former model Calla Haynes. She cut her teeth designing textiles for the likes of Alexander Wang (no he ain't my cousin) and Jeremy Laing. It's a kind of pretty and feminine vintage inspired construction that doesn't scream frou frou or overly twee. Luxe fabrics, beautiful construction and textile design. Very French OUI OUI. A shame I threw a tantrum and was withdrawn from French school as a child. 


Some of my favourite looks from the Fall 2010 Collection:










And from the Spring 2010 Collection:





www.calla.fr





1 comment: