Sunday 13 June 2010

CIRQUE DE FACE


I used to obsess over makeup. To the point where I owned a professional train case filled to the brim with products. Friends would come over and marvel at my collection. It looked like the collection of a professional makeup artist. Does anyone ever need more than 50 different blushes? Does a cat have furry ears? HOW DARE THEY QUESTION ME. The day all of my lipglosses went bad and smelled more toxic than a Chinese food dumpster was a sad one. I often heard the question - how can one person apply so much lipgloss? The point was never to apply it all (I did realize I only had one set of lips and sadly only one face), the point was to collect and hoard like a crazy bag lady. One day I finally lost interest in the pursuit of acquiring more makeup and it all was given away. What a waste. I still have an archive of almost every single Stila limited edition palette in storage. Even the threat of an eye infection won't stop me from sometimes dabbling in my decade old eyeshadow palette. Oh the memories! Oh the bacterial infections! But a vintage smoky eye will be worth it.



The point of my ramblings is that I have had a cosmetic revelation. Last weekend I went to Nordstrom in downtown Seattle and had a makeup epiphany. My friend was looking for a red lipstick so we sat down at Giorgio Armani and met the most amazing makeup artist named Emily Oliver. She let us play with different lipsticks and applied blush and foundation on us. I don't know why I never discovered this brand before. They have different patents on their foundations and blush and I can see why. The Face Fabric Radiance Foundation blends so well it almost disappears as soon as it hits the skin. The  Blushing Fabric Blush looked natural no matter how much I applied. It's a really nice creamy gel texture - I purchased the #1 colour. It was the most perfect pinkish peach shade. And the Sheer Lipstick was a perfect berry pink (I bought Sheer 31) and was so smooth in texture I was tempted to spread it on my bagel. Mmmmm. I'm a convert. I got sample of everything and bought the lipstick and blush.Sometimes I want to just touch the foundation it's so nice and wear it in my sleep it's that good. I want more more more. Too bad it's so expensive in Canada. This country is such a buzzkill.





 GIORGIO ARMANI you blend like a dream!!! I miss my days of working on beauty stories at a magazine. We used to get loads of Armani makeup in and I never really realized how incredible it is. Not so incredible is  an orange Giorgio Armani in a speedo. Who knew this man could produce such perfect makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment