Wednesday 23 June 2010

hansel



I love that someone out there has named their clothing line after their dog. I know that it's commonly accepted that dogs are like children to many people (being a staunch supporter of the cat lifestyle, I really can't comment) but in the world of fashion, where everyone seems just TOO cool, can anyone really see Alexander Wang saying "My SS10 line was inspired by my pet hamster?". I didn't think so. 

hansel is a womenswear clothing label designed and owned by Singaporean Jo Soh. On the hansel blog, she mentions proudly that the line was named after her "beloved Jack Russell Terrier". Bless. The line was brought to my attention by my husband, who used to work with fashion labels. His name is also Hansel (unlike Jo Soh's Jack Russel terrier, he chooses to capitalize his name, how archaic!) and the line was pointed out to him by a Singaporean colleague. 

Taking a closer look at the clothing, I noticed two things. I love the hansel blog! And the clothes are actually very cute and I could definitely see myself sporting something from the SS10 Paperdoll collection.

Behold:

Triple bow boat neck dress




Bustier tie dress

And inspired by "old-fashioned paper dolls", this adorable Paperdoll knit dress. Very Wednesday Adams. 


Inside the paper dolly shop!

There is even a hansel pop up shop in Tokyo! It looks like this will be another clothing line that will only fuel my love for the Peter Pan collar and bows. Some people may debate that this is not a good thing for someone well out of their teens years. Sob. 



No comments:

Post a Comment