Wednesday 23 June 2010

Irrational WANT

I never wear heels anymore. Somewhere between tramping all over London, being rained on constantly and the slippery slide of the underground floor (and threat of being trampled if one should take a spill), the lack of a car and an umbrella that doesn't flip inside out and try to attack me during rainstorms - I've taken to the comfort of flats with the gusto of an 80 year old woman. I have a varied collection of flat knee high boots, loafers, lace up oxfords and ballet flats. I've worn heels less than 10 times in the past year. Not even Fashion Week could convince me to traipse around in heels everyday.  And when I did wear them I bitched and complained about the pain until I took them off. Yes how very annoying. Which is why I have been harbouring desire for what I know to be a completely inappropriate pair of shoes. These Topshop Prima Sling Clogs. The heels are completely wooden and measure five inches. Last time I wore wooden heels like this I took a nasty spill in front of a Nando's chicken restaurant. Not elegant.


No comments:

Post a Comment