Sunday 18 July 2010

Vintaaageeee

I have a love of all things old. I can't pass a junk shop/thrift store/vintage emporium without going in and rummaging. I found a most delightful wooden painted figurine of 6 cats sitting on a sofa in a junk shop in Hackney, East London. On that same trip I also found an old makeup box covered with Care Bears! Who wouldn't snap up those two items on sight?? I know, that's what I thought. (pictures to follow)

As much as I love to admire the beautiful Chloe Paraty snakeskin bag on display at Selfridges, admire the Miu Miu Bow Bag and softly stroke (before security comes) the Mulberry Alexa bag - I love my collection of vintage bags more than anything. Mostly found in thrift stores, vintage shops and in my grandma's basement (a few were also unearthed during an intense Ebay vintage buying frenzy in 2007) - they add the finishing touches to my old granny chic outfits and nothing complements floral tea dresses quite like an old weather-beaten vintage bag. If I don't get mistaken for a 70-year-old woman from the back then I've done wrong in dressing myself that day.

A few vintage bags I currently covet: 

Fendi 1980s striped handbag
And because this reminds me of a purse my mom carried in the 1990s
Hebe Hebe by Celia vintage leather drawstring satchel bag


No comments:

Post a Comment